Tour a Restored WWII Submarine, a Prohibition-Era Coast Guard Cutter, and the USS SILVERSIDES Submarine Museum
Perfect for Veterans, Families, Scouts and History Buffs!
Our self-guided tours offer a wonderful opportunity to experience what it was really like to serve aboard the World War II submarine USS Silversides. Our tours permit guests to walk the deck topside as well as the major internal compartments below deck. In addition to the USS Silversides, tour passes include access to the Coast Guard Cutter McLane, a rare prohibition era vessel which served from 1927 until 1968, and the Naval Museum.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Q: What is included in the tour?
- A: Tour tickets cover admission to both the USS Silversides and USCGC McLane. Tours are allowed to go inside both vessels and see most of the major compartments inside. The lower levels of both vessels are typically off limits.
- Q: How long is the tour?
- A: There is no set amount of time for the self-guided tour. Since you control the pace of the tour, you can take as little or as much time as you want (until the museum closes at 5:30 pm). Arranged guided tours usually
last 45 – 60 minutes.
- Q: Are tours scheduled at certain times?
- A: No, Self-guided tours are NOT scheduled at certain times. You can purchase tickets anytime between 10 am and 4:30 pm. All tours must conclude by the time the museum closes (at 5:30 pm). Times for arranged guided tours are usually established in advance of your arrival. For tours during the Overnight Encampment program, museum staff will coordinate tour times on the night of your stay based on multiple factors including arrival times and the number of participants.
|Adults (ages 19 thru 61)
|Seniors (age 62 and up)
|Kids (ages 5 thru 18)
|Preschoolers (Under age 5)
|World War II Veterans & Active Duty Military
|Museum Only (all ages)
General Tour Information
- Tickets include admission to USS Silversides, USCGC McLane, and the museum.
- Passes to only visit the museum can be purchased for $6.00 per person.
- Tours of USS Silversides and USCGC McLane are usually self-guided.
- The last tickets are sold 1 hour before the museum closes in order to give participants enough time to see both historic vessels and our museum.
- Guided tours can be arranged for groups of 15 or more with advanced notice of at least 3 days.
- As part of the Overnight Encampment, participants will receive a guided tour of USS Silversides which usually lasts
45 – 60 minutes.
- Adults must accompany any small children on the tour.
For more information regarding tours, call the museum at 231-755-1230.